The Images Publishing Group
THE ART OF CLASSICAL DETAILS. Theory, Design & Craftsmanship
- A close-up look at some of the finest examples of neo-classical architecture in the world today
- Covers the fundamentals of classical architecture, such as Tuscan, Doric, Ionic, Corinthian, and Composite columns, and featuring the work of skilled contemporary classicists, including Julian Bicknell and Ken Tate
- A lavish and beautifully illustrated sourcebook of classically inspired architectural detail
- A valuable resource for architects, interior designers, builders and home decorators
- Featuring a foreword by renowned interior designer David Easton
In The Art of Classical Details, classically trained architect Phillip Dodd takes a close-up look at some of the finest examples of neo-classical architecture in the world today. Covering the fundamentals of classical architecture, such as Tuscan, Doric, Ionic, Corinthian, and Composite columns, and featuring the work of skilled contemporary classicists, including Marc Appleton, William Baker, Julian Bicknell, Ken Tate, Michael Imber, and Dick Reid, The Art of Classical Details is the definitive guide to today's world of neoclassical architectural detailing.
* > A native of Manchester, England, Phillip Dodd attended the prestigious Prince of Wales' Institute of Architecture in London - where he was taught by many of the architects and craftsmen featured in this book. He received a degree in architecture from his home town university, before moving to America, where he gained a Masters in Architecture from the University of Notre Dame. A well regarded expert on classical architecture and interiors, Phillip has worked for some of the most recognised residential architectural firms in America. He is a Fellow Emeritus at the Institute of Classical Architecture and Classical America, where from 2006 to 2009 he served as the jury coordinator for the annual Arthur Ross Awards. He has taught classical design at the ICA & CA and at Notre Dame, and has been a guest critic for the Interiors Department at Parson's School of Design and the Fashion Institute of Technology. Phillip was the author of New Classicists: Wadia Associates, which features a foreword by HRH The Prince of Wales, and an Introduction by Paul Gunther - the President of the ICA & CA. He was also one of the contributing authors of the 'Classicist: Volume VI' and served on the editorial team responsible for 'A Decade of Art & Architecture 1992 -2002'.
Veste editoriale: Cartonato con Sovraccoperta
Immagini a colori: 200