NUDES IN STEEL
di Yoram Roth
- A must for fans of Yoram Roth’s works and any contemporary art lover
- A lush photography coffee table book that includes four separate series of work and a focus on the human body
- With a thematic explanatory introduction by the artist and fascinating behind-the-scene images, illustrating the ideas and inspirations for the artworks and their production process
- Also available as a luxurious Collector’s Edition with a sensational feature: the transparent slipcase as well as the cover of the book include a die-cut, which highlights the image composition and image depth of Yoram Roth’s art work. Limited to 250 copies - € 1.200 $ 1.500 £ 1.000
- The exhibition “Spatial Concepts” will open on April 27,2018 at the CWC Gallery in Berlin and will be open until June 9, 2018
Our daily lives are overwhelmed by visual stimuli. With his works, Berlin artist Yoram Roth creates a counter-draft by placing a certain focus in the picture and thus giving the work an additional dimension, thus inviting us to linger. This luxurious new coffee table book, Nudes in Steel, gathers Roth’s latest works that have a particular focus on the human body. It documents Yoram Roth’s discovery, and mastery of the unique photographic language of crops, which has become his signature style. The collection spans four Yoram Roth series, each of which bring image details to the foreground with the help of steel frames. Thematically, the series is inspired by Renaissance and Baroque painting and evolves from narrative work (Quiet Devotion, 2012-2013); a play of light and shadow (Personal Disclosure, 2014-2015); a new emphasis on figuration (White Set, 2015); and a staging of the fragile human body in a harsh, inhospitable environment (Brutalism, 2016). The carefully created book reveals the artistic motivation and technical innovation behind these masterpieces in steel. In this way, the artist takes us on a visual journey that as a counter-draft to our daily optical overload of stimuli invites us to a contemplative picture enjoyment. Nudes in Steel presents Yoram Roth´s masterpieces, carefully curated and juxtaposed in book form. Browse through the pages and take the time to let this artist photographer capture your imagination.
> Born in Berlin in 1968, Yoram Roth completed his photography studies at Fordham University in 1990. Yoram has been making images his whole life, but did not commit to fine art photography until he sold his company in the USA and moved back to his hometown in 2007. He is the father of three sons, and continues to split his time between making art, building a photography collection, and leading a business in the photographic art world.
Veste editoriale: Cartonato
Immagini a colori: 158
Immagini b/n: 9
Anno: Aprile 2018