MAX DUDLER. Architecture for the City / Architektur fur die Stadt
Born in Switzerland in 1949, Max Dudler works in Germany and Switzerland, primarily in Berlin and Zurich. With the construction of a new office building for BEWA on Gendarmenmarkt in Berlin (1997), the renovation of the “Sale e Tabacchi” restaurant, (1996) first prize for the Foreign Office (1996), first prize for the Federal Ministry of Transport, Construction and Housing (1996) and the “Unter den Linden” and “Brandenburger Tor” train stations and many others, his work is directly linked to the design of “New Berlin”. With the IBM building and the high-rise ensemble in Zurich North, Dudler has now also implemented larger projects in Switzerland. As a former student of Oswald Mathias Ungers, his architecture stands for a rationalist language that combines basic modernist themes with normative aesthetic and contextual models of architecture for the big city: Dudler reacts to the cultural situation of the present by not looking for universalization, overcoming, dismantling and strives for a new historical beginning, but accepts the challenge of postmodern pluralism. The present monograph shows for the first time a complete overview of the architect's work from 1986 to the present day.
Veste editoriale: Cartonato con Sovraccoperta Formato: 24,5x31 Pagine: 280 Immagini a colori-b/n: 300 Lingua: GB Anno: 2003
NOTE: Pubblicazione con Sovraccoperta leggermente rovinata