The Images Publishing Group
GREAT AMERICAN HOMES (Vol.3)
di William T. Baker
- Provides a detailed introduction by distinguished landscape architect, Kenneth Lemm, who expands on the successful collaborations of Baker and his team by drawing on examples of Baker's impressive ability to create a cohesive contemporary design that consistently maintains the integrity of classic design elements
- Reveals insightful commentary on how Baker's design for each project freshly reinterprets historical style while maintaining a seamless and gracious transition between indoor and outdoor spaces
- Describes how each project enhances the living experience and home environment for the families with an engaging focus on the integration of the residents' personal styles, artworks or furniture collections
- Comprises a wide selection of homes for the modern family in a variety of settings, such as wooded hillside retreats, sprawling manors, historic homes, and gracious estates
- Becomes IMAGES' third volume on this outstanding new classicist, following Great American Homes: Volume One and New Classicists: William T. Baker
This is a richly illustrated monograph revealing William T. Baker's masterful detailing and superior craftsmanship of magnificent family residences. Showcasing 14 classically inspired homes of grace and beauty, each property reflects an astute comprehension of life as it is lived in the 21st century, with deliberate nods to historical aesthetics that coexist harmoniously with the architectural language of natural light, passive design themes, voluminous space, and fabulous comfort.
Inspired by the bounty of classical architecture found in the grand homes of the southern United States, particularly the state of Georgia, the hallmarks of William T. Baker's architecture are extraordinary attention to details of craftsmanship and construction, and a keen eye for scale and proportion. His work clearly reflects the aspirations of the American Dream.
This beautifully photographed monograph of William T. Baker's work is the third volume in IMAGES' successful Classicist series, and showcases the exquisitely designed homes of the modern family, who entrusted Baker with their dreams and visions, and whose trust has been rewarded with classically inspired homes of grace and beauty. His work contributes greatly to some of the most aesthetically pleasing residences being built in the United States today.
> William T. Baker is the Founder and Principal of William T. Baker & Associates, Atlanta, Georgia, one of the foremost residential design firms in the United States today. With more than 30 years of experience working with C-suite executives from Fortune 500 firms, celebrities, and top professionals from a number of fields, Baker has received numerous awards for his work, including the prestigious Arthur Ross Award for Architecture in New York City and the Urban Design Commission Award for Excellence in Atlanta. His work spans the American continent, Asia, and the Caribbean and has been featured extensively in print and broadcast media around the world. He writes and lectures on a variety of subjects including architectural design, theory, and the history of architecture. His other published works include New Classicists, an international bestseller, Architectural Excellence in a Diverse World Culture, analysing the timeless principles of architectural aesthetics, and the series Great American Homes (Volumes One and Two). William T. Baker holds professional memberships in the Institute of Classical Architecture (ICA) and the International Network for Traditional Building, Architecture & Urbanism (INTBAU). He has served on the board of a number of community organisations focused on affordable housing initiatives and low-income challenges and holds memberships in several historical societies.
Veste editoriale: Cartonato con Sovraccoperta
Immagini a colori: 295