Verlag Scheidegger & Spiess
DRY STONE WALLS
Prezzo valido solamente per pagamenti tramite BB
a cura di Environmental Action Foundation
DRY STONE WALLS. Basics, Construction, Significance
- A uniquely comprehensive source of knowledge on all aspects of dry stone walls
- Combines cultural history with a guide to plants and animals for which dry stone walls provide a habitat
- Offers a practical step-by-step building manual, covering planning and building as well as restoration of dry stone walls
- Richly illustrated with photographs and newly commissioned drawings
Drawing on the copious research and practice of the Swiss Environmental Action Foundation, Dry Stone Walls is a uniquely comprehensive work on the topic, combining cultural history with a guide to plants and animals that find their habitat in such structures and a practical, step-by-step manual to the building and maintenance of dry stone walls. Richly illustrated with more than four hundred photographs and drawings, including many in colour, the book contains a wealth of advice for both the planning of new dry stone walls and the care of existing ones, as well as information on structural analysis and the organisation of building sites. The book will serve as a guide for future generations everywhere to this ancient practice that is in danger of extinction.
- Contributions by Werner Bätzing, Sandro Benedetti, Fredi Bieri, Giovanni Buzzi, François Busson, Klaus C. Ewald, Hans-Karl Gerber, Marianne Hassenstein, Thomas Kesselring, Hans Peter Kistler, Peter Krebs, Christine Loriol, Daniel Pelagatti, Ingrid Schegk, Theodor Schmidt, Mathias Steiger, Richard Tufnell, Andrin Willi and Franziska Witschi.
> Swiss Environmental Action Foundation, founded in 1976, is dedicated to the conservation and preservation of Swiss nature and landscapes.
Veste editoriale: Cartonato in Tela
Immagini a colori: 362
Immagini b/n: 187