- Coca-Cola Beatbox in London, United Kingdom (Asif Khan and Pernilla Ohrsted)
- Danish Pavilion in Shanghai, China (BIG)
- The Schaulager Satellite in Basel, Switzerland (Herzog & de Meuron)
- Wing of Glory in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (mekene)
- Temporary Kindergarten in Ravne na Koroskem, Slovenia (Jure Kotnik)
Ephemeral buildings take possession of a location for a specific period of time, adding meaning and new quality to it. They can be interim solutions that no longer serve a purpose after a certain point, or projects and settings created for special occasions. Temporary architecture frequently possesses an experimental character, which presents new perceptions of the functions and potentials of buildings, open spaces and rooms. Its transitory nature turns the attention in a very specific and precise way to what is essential and makes distinct design statements.
This volume gathers extraordinary contemporary projects from the very diverse areas of temporary architecture. Most of these concepts transgress the borderlines of architecture, art, design and social intervention, which results in a very unique form of creative freedom.
Veste editoriale: Cartonato con Sovraccoperta Formato: 24x28 Pagine: 256 Immagini a colori: 514 Lingua: GB Anno: 2014