- Solar Carport in Las Vegas, USA (SunPower Design)
- Fresh Flower in London, UK (Tonkin Liu)
- Panyaden School in Chiang Mai, Thailand (24H architecture)
- Oval Shade in Gorky Park, Moscow, Russia (Bureau Alexander Brodsky)
- On the Way to the Sea in Bat-Yam, Israel (Derman Verbakel Architecture)
Protecting human beings has always been one of the most genuine purposes of architecture. Due to the increase in global warming in recent years, protection from the sun is becoming one of its most important functions. This challenge has resulted in numerous trendsetting technological innovations and amazing design concepts, which have been collected in this book. Shade is mainly created in three ways: while opaque constructions block off all light, perforated devices as well as translucent materials reduce the exposure to light.
Creating Shade presents all conceivable types and forms of shade-providing design made of a host of different materials such as wood, fabrics, concrete, and a great number of synthetic materials. The collection includes elegant pergolas, extravagant pavilions, and roofed piazzas, as well as a fascinating solution for a canopy over a Roman excavation site and the spectacular Metropol Parasol in Seville. Outstanding serial products are presented along with individually constructed creations.
Veste editoriale: Cartonato con Sovraccoperta Formato: 22,5x29,5 Pagine: 272 Immagini a colori: 588 Lingua: GB Anno: 2013