- Stöckli in Balsthal, Switzerland (Pascal Flammer)
- Ferme de Moudon in Les Gets, France (Nicky Dobree Interior Design)
- Arlberg Lodges in St. Stuben am Arlberg, Austria (Atelier Ender)
- La Muna in Aspen, USA (Oppenheim Architecture + Design)
- Geo Metria in Kanagawa, Japan (Masahiro Harada)
Today’s chalets have come a long way from their original function as herdsman’s hut in the Alps. They now serve as sites for relaxation and retreat from everyday life, they provide room for soul-searching and introspection. The particular attractiveness of chalets is derived from the interplay of architecture and interior design with the topography and mountainous nature around them.
This volume presents new constructions as well as renovated and reconstructed historical chalets from around the world – in Aspen and Zermatt, the South American Andes and the mountain regions of Japan. The designs are multifaceted, ranging from traditional to modern, simple to luxurious, but the individual expression of each project captures the particular charm of the surrounding landscape.
Veste editoriale: Cartonato con Sovraccoperta Formato: 25x29 Pagine: 352 Immagini a colori: 700 Lingua: D-GB-F Anno: 2013