Comprehensive visual biography of Andy Warhol, one of art's greatest personalities.
- A spectacular visual biography of the life and career of one of the most colourful and innovative artists of the twentieth century
- A rare, behind-the-scenes look at the New York art world of the 1950s to the 1980s
- Introduction by renegade art critic Dave Hickey, who has his own cult following, and additional texts by Bruno Bischofberger, Ronnie Cutrone, David Dalton, Kenneth Goldsmith, Ivan Karp and Peggy Phelan
- A must-have for Warhol fans and any pop culture enthusiast is accessible to all at this amazing new price
There is perhaps no artist of the 20th century that is as famous and infamous as Andy Warhol; Andy Warhol 'Giant' Size takes its inspiration from the over-the-top quality of Andy Warhol's life, career, and legacy and in a mammoth format and huge extent depicts, in roughly chronological order, the major events, people, works, and moments in the life of an artist who continues to be endlessly fascinating to those inside and outside of the art world. Now available in a new format.
* > Dave Hickey is a freelance writer of fiction and cultural criticism, curator, and lecturer who has been affiliated with the University of Nevada, Las Vegas since 1992. He has written for most major American cultural publications including The Rolling Stone, Art News, Art in America, Artforum, Interview, Harper's Magazine, Vanity Fair, Nest,The New York Times and The Los Angeles Times.