Best Of Austria Architecture 2010 11
- An up-to-date survey of contemporary architecture and building culture in Austria
- Around 160 projects are presented in concise text, images and plans
- Features work by international firms such as David Chipperfield and UNStudio
- A comprehensive essay offers an analysis of Austrian architecture from an external perspective
Best of Austria is edited biennially by Architekturzentrum Wien Az W to present award-winning buildings by Austrian architects and projects by foreign architects realised in Austria. Covered are all architecture prizes that have been awarded by public and private institutions or corporations in Austria. Thus each edition provides an up-to-date survey of contemporary architecture and building culture in Austria.
The new 2010/11 edition presents around 160 projects, each with around 3 images and a floor plan, section or elevation as well as short introductory texts. Included are projects by such renowned Austrian firms as Baumschlager Eberle, COOP HIMMELB(L)AU, Delugan Meissl Associated Architects, Hermann & Valentiny and Associates. Also featured are important international offices such as David Chipperfield Architects, London, and UNStudio, Amsterdam.
The documented buildings are arranged in 15 sections: Living (multi-unit residential architecture), Tourism, Leisure, Culture, Single-family House, Industry, Trade, Commerce, Public Space, Infrastructure, Education, Public Buildings, Office, Administration and Actors (persons, institutions, towns or boroughs etc. that have been awarded prizes).
* > Architekturzentrum Wien Az W (Vienna Centre of Architecture) is a publicly funded institution with the aim to present and document modern and contemporary Austrian and international architecture. Since its opening in 1993, Az W has gained international recognition for its work and exhibitions.
Veste editoriale: Cartonato
Immagini a colori: 275
Immagini b/n: 13
Schizzi e disegni: 180